Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The beginnings

I had originally said I wouldn't create one of these until I had a marriage or kids to show off, but clearly changed my mind! There can still be exciting things going on in life that you might be interested in knowing so we'll give this a shot.

If you weren't aware, wedding plans are underway for my future--though it seems like I have all the time in the world. I have completed the exciting (and sometimes daunting?) task of buying a wedding dress. If you haven't heard my exciting story from trying on wedding dresses, then here's a bit of enjoyment for you. I was really nervous about trying the dresses on for some reason, and the girl came in with the dress and what not, and I was determined to get them on by myself without any help (stupid?). Anyway, I started to put the dress on, and had my arms up above my head, and i'm trying to wriggle into the dress. Naturally, my phone rings and while it's ringing I realize that the dress is stuck....i'm so embarassed and feel so huge that I keep trying to get it on to avoid people seeing it stuck on me. Finally, I realize i'm not going to be able to get it on (or off at this point) so I call for help. The girl helping me comes in, and do you realize what step i've left out of the dress-trying-on equation?
Unzipping the dress.
She says "it might help next time if you unzip the dress."

So. For those of you who are ever trying on wedding dresses, i recommend unzipping the dress before you try to squeeze it on your body and feel enormous because you can't get it on.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. yay I'm glad you started a blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Memories, and many more to come.
    I am proud you are going to be my daughter :)

    ReplyDelete